Copywriter, technical writer, translator (FR>EN, ES>EN, IT>EN), journalist

The point to instant messaging

One of my clients told me the best way to reach him is via Microsoft Messenger. Not phone. Not email. Messenger.

And that’s fine with me. When you balance creative work with the need to answer people’s questions, IM is the best way I’ve found to field interruptions while maintaining your focus.

My friend Peter Henry explained this today on his blog. Check it out.

1 Comment
  1. Thanks Luigi! Much appreciated.

    Your client actually said that to you? Very cool of him! VERY progressive of your client. And their willingness to be honest with you like that is refreshing. My guess is they trust you very much to say that.

    Besides, if it’s THAT important that you need to speak, if they’re willing to IM 80% of the time, chances are they don’t mind, or maybe quite enjoy face to face contact for the other 20%. That’s a cool client IMHO!

    Have a good one!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.